Jerome Galeyrand Orane Bourgogne AOC 2016

Article number: Jerome Galeyrand Orane Bourgogne 2016
Availability: Out of stock

Once a cheesemaker, Jérôme Galeyrand was inspired to start his own wine project after a couple of years working the harvest at Domaine Alain Burguet in Gevrey-Chambertin; he enrolled in the wine institute in Beaune. His first vintage came from a 0.05-ha plot he bought in 2002. He has since increased his holdings to 5-ha, mostly consisting of very old vines in the Côte de Nuits. He makes the wines in a small winery at his home. 70% of his vineyards are organic and the remaining 30% are sustainable. The soils are worked by plough to avoid the use of pesticides. He maintains a minimalist approach in the cellar, allowing spontaneous yeast fermentations and bottling with the most minimal additions of sulfur. This ‘Orane’ cuvée, named for his daughter, is certified organic and made with chardonnay from two different parcels in Brochon and Gilly-les-Citeaux, from clay and limestone soils. This chardonnay is classic Burgundy, with a luscious, rich feeling on the palate that finishes dry and crisp with orchard fruit dominating, fresh floral notes, and a kiss of oak. Certified organic.

0 stars based on 0 reviews