Heger Pinot Noir Rose Baden 2018

Article number: Heger Pinot Noir Rose 18
Availability: In stock (31)

Just a few miles from the French border, in Germany’s southernmost region of Baden, Joachim Heger farms a pair of extraordinary volcanic grand crus (Grosses Gewächs): Ihringer Winklerberg and Achkarrer Schlossberg. The vineyards here are on steep, sun-soaked slopes, places of startling intensity. Joachim has made around 40 vintages from these vineyards, farming without herbicides or pesticides since 2007. This is serious rosé—coming from Heger, considered a spätburgunder (pinot noir) savant. After 90% of this pinot went direct to press, it was fermented in stainless steel where the remaining 10% of whole berries were thrown in and remained for the duration of fermentation. Round in body, earth-driven, structured and spicy, this wine holds true to its terroir and reflects Baden's sunshine and warmth. With plenty of cut and bright acidity, it is very complex yet refreshing. It offers up delicate red fruit aromas with hints of white flowers on the nose. On the palate it displays elegant lift and tension, offering up tart red cherry and strawberry flavors, mouthwatering acidity, and a delightfully long finish. Sustainably grown.

0 stars based on 0 reviews